Monday, April 25, 2011

What a Wonderful World


I am listening to Michael Buble station on Pandora tonight and a song just came on that reminds me of my oldest son, Justin, who happens to be turning 23 today. 


The song is What a Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong. When he was about 9 or 10, he really liked this song for some reason. I wonder if he liked the gravelly sounding voice of Mr. Armstrong. Or, maybe the hopefulness of the lyrics.


These days he has a pretty wide variety of taste in music. I'm not sure if he still likes the sound of Louis Armstrong. Whether he still likes it or not, I have very pleasant memories whenever I hear it, of a young boy who grooved to one of the most influential jazz musicians of the 20th century. Thanks for the sweet memory Justin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...