Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Baby stepping to my God sized dream

Since 2006, my heart has been drawn to The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology.

I wrote a post recently about last year's application experience here, but let's just say that for this 40-something mom with a dream burning a hole in her pocket, applying to a grad school after being out of school since 1986 seemed like a long shot. Could I scribble well enough for the two essays? Curriculum vitae? What is that?





I see how God wants to make something beautiful out of all of of the negative experiences I've had throughout my lifetime.

I see His hand leading me towards this dream of helping others, especially women, to break free from their pasts. 

To break out of emotional bondage and defeated thinking. To be free to use their long-lost voices and be free to be themselves.

Last April, I was accepted into the Counseling Psychology program at The Seattle School of Theology and Psychology.

A huge God sized dream come true for me!

With my husband and family's support, the only thing holding up the dream of actually attending is my husband finding an engineering job in the Seattle area. He has been looking for over a year. No leads yet, but I still have this feeling deep inside me that it will all work out. I sense we are just on the cusp of something really big.

With a bit of trepidation I write these words down. Kind of scary to actually type them because what if it doesn't come true? But, here goes.

I believe God is leading me to this program. I believe He wants me to step out into the next phase of my life's calling and passions and be a part of the Fall 2013 cohort at The Seattle School. In faith, we continue to wait on His timing for my husband's job. And I'm waving my 'Seattle School or Bust' flag from the middle of little old Iowa!

{An update to this post is that as of October 7, 2013, I'm still not there. But the dream still holds on!}

*******

I am linking up with others sharing their God Sized Dreams at holleygerth.com

8 comments:

  1. I don't think I would call this a baby step. It sounds like a great leap of faith for which you will be rewarded. May He bless your obedience

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's awesome that you are pursuing this dream, and what a blessing for your husband to support you in this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anna. My husband's support is a huge confirmation to me!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Such and exciting and new phase of life. May the Lord bless your brain power and life experience to do well in school and in ministering to others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa! I most certainly will need God's boost in brain power! Blessings!

      Delete
  4. YOU GO, GIRL! You are so brave! Wonderful post. I'm excited to hear the rest of the story as you embark on this new adventure. Thanks for your encouragement on my post about the note that changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Elizabeth! I plan to make a huge deal about this when it happens. To God be all glory. I'm following your blog by email. Love what I've seen so far. We seem to like lots of similar things!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...