Friday, May 15, 2015

Are you leading or following?

It may not come as a surprise to some of you, but I’m more comfortable following.

I’ll follow you to the restaurant, the movie or the shopping mall. I’ll probably follow your suggestions for something even if they aren't good ones. :)

This fact about me has been changing somewhat, and it’s a little mixed up because I want to lead too.

I want to be a leader. A good leader that others will want to follow. I want to lead others in the truth, in love and in grace.


But, a good leader has to be a good follower, too. If I don’t know how to follow well, how will I know how to lead well?


Oh, what a juxtaposition!

Are you a follower or a leader?
I have a newsflash for you.
You are both.

And, so am I.

You are following someone or something all the time.

And, someone is always following in your footsteps. Even the person behind you in the grocery store line. 

They are following you. Literally. 




But they are also following you in that they’ll see how you react when the price is not on your item. What will they see?

What kind of a person do you want to follow?

Who do you want to follow you?


These are the questions I’m pondering today.

Thanks for stopping by today for Five Minute Friday, where a flash mob of writers write for five minutes straight on a single word prompt. Today's prompt is "follow". Head on over to katemotaung.com to check it out!

Blessings to you this day, friend!

~Anne

1 comment:

  1. Interesting...while raising my daughters I use to say to them, "you can be a follower or a leader. But, in order to be the leader, you must learn to follow first." Usually these words were used while discipling...LOL! They got the point of it all. Visiting from Five Minute Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...