Wednesday, October 8, 2014

What does your soul need?

I was 25 before I became a consistent face-washer before bed. Sad to say, but before that it was hit and miss, even though I had blemished skin starting in my early teens. 

Once I made night time face washing a ritual, though, I started to realize what a gift I was giving myself. I was actually giving myself a mini face spa treatment every night. My skin began to thank me. I layed my face on my pillow feeling more refreshed after the dirt from the day was washed away.


What if we did this on a regular basis for our souls? To give ourselves a mini soul spa regularly by letting go of the negative stuff that weighs our souls down, and inhaling what our souls desperately need?

What exactly do our souls need? I often find myself asking that question. 



What does my soul need?


It's taken me most of my life to become self-aware enough to learn what my soul needs. For much of my life, I mostly paid attention to the needs of the people around me.

As a wife and mother, I focused on the needs I was called to meet. That part is a good thing.

But, I forgot about my needs.

I had neglected my soul. The deepest part of me that is ME.

I had even kind of forgotten what I like and dislike because I was such a people pleaser, always trying to keep the peace. And, always trying to keep the people around me happy.

I did this to the neglect of myself and my needs. That's not a good thing.

Finally, one day my soul said STOP. SLOW DOWN. 

So, I did. I began to learn what my soul needs.





One of the things I realized my soul needs is regular times of quiet and solitude. If I don't get this regularly, I am no good to myself or those around me. 


How about you? Do you know what your soul needs? Are you willing to work at finding out?

Your soul will thank you when you do.

Blessings to you, friend!

~Anne

Linking up today with Holley Gerth at Coffee for Your Heart.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely, Anne. Yes, I do know what my soul needs. I need the routine of bed time care as well. But recently I've learned that I need to get outside. I need it EVERY day. It's there that I sort through the questions my heart is asking. Today was especially important. I learned I need praise music in one ear and the sound of nature in the other. I am much more content than if I did one or the other. This way, I have heaven in one ear and earth in the other, and that, my friend, lifts my spirit beyond the noise of life, and the rush of thought within.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luana, that is such a great idea! Heaven in one ear and earth in the other! Love that! Thanks for your beautiful comment friend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...