Saturday, September 19, 2015

grounds for celebration

What will you celebrate today? It probably won't be the numbers on the scale or the meals that you planned for the week. It likely won't be the errands you need to run, or the fact that your child had a note sent home from the teacher.

I find that sometimes I need to go on a scavenger hunt to find things to celebrate. I hate to say that, but it's true. Some days are harder than others.

Most days feel insignificant and I feel small. What is there to celebrate in that? 

It's then that the day needs to be reduced down to the smallest possible denominator. 




air
water
body
health
love
eyes
nose
ears
hands
legs...

I know I can celebrate each of these things that have so graciously been given to me. And, most times I don't even think about them, unless one of them doesn't seem to be working properly. Even then, it would be grounds for celebration.

I celebrate you and me. I celebrate life.  I celebrate my family. I celebrate my friends.



Even the ending of good things can be celebrated. The ending of good things makes way for more good things to enter in.


Let's celebrate the small. Let's celebrate each other. Let's celebrate the gifts we've been given.

What are you celebrating today?

Blessings to you today, friend.

~Anne

Thanks for stopping by for Five Minute Friday, where a tribe of writers write for five minutes straight on a given prompt. Stop on over to Kate Motaung's blog to read all about it and join in!! This week's prompt is celebrate.


1 comment:

  1. Every day, before I eat breakfast, I thank the Lord for the fact that my children have roofs over their heads, and get to eat something every day. We forget these precious blessings so easily, don't we.
    I really enjoyed reading your post. So true, so true.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...