Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Thoughts on day and night and Light

Why is it that during the night, the issues that were molehills during the day instantly turn into mountains?

If I'm anxious about something during the day, well, I can call a friend, talk to my hubby, or do something to distract myself and get on with my day. And, it's daylight which makes everything seem better.

But at night.

That's a different story. The darkness seems like it's closing in. I feel alone even though I have a husband sleeping peacefully beside me. (that's even enough to get me aggravated!! What!? Someone is sleeping at my house and I'm not?)

There are words that I keep repeating to myself in the long nighttime hours when I'm glaring at the back of my eyelids instead of sleeping. 


 You are not alone.


This, for some reason, is huge for me. 


Today I'm reminding myself of the truth during the daytime hours that 

God is still God at night. 
God is God of the night.
And the day.


Night time is not night to God. God is Light. To Him there is no darkness at all! 

When I feel alone, that's all it is. A feeling


I am not alone. 





God is right beside me. He hears my cries for help and grace and sleep. 

I will yet praise Him for the help of His presence.

I will believe that I am not alone.

I will believe that He is always and forever with me.

I will believe that I am loved with an everlasting love.

I praise Jesus that He is Light! 

and, I am not alone.


******************************************


For He Himself has said, Never will I desert you. Nor will I ever forsake you!
~Hebrews 13:5b

Do not fear, for I am with you. Do not anxiously look about you for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Surely, I will help you. Surely, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
~Isaiah 41:10


So don’t be afraid, little flock. For it gives your Father great happiness to give you the Kingdom.

~Luke 12:32




I'm linking up today with Emily Freeman at Chatting at the Sky for Tuesdays Unwrapped. Stop by over there and see how folks are pausing to celebrate the lovely, messy and unexpected.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...