Monday, March 31, 2014

What I learned in March

I'm linking up with Emily at Chatting at the Sky for her monthly link up where we share some things we learned during the month. Here, in no particular order are some things I learned in March, (the serious and the absurd). Come on over to Chatting at the Sky to see what others have learned!



1.  I learned to knit. I took a beginning knitting class at my local yarn shop. Oh, what fun that was, and why did I wait so long? Our teacher was Janet, about eighty. She was as spunky a lady as I've seen in awhile. Very patient with the four of us who were all thumbs. One of the most important things I learned in my two week class? "Honey, we don't call these 'sticks and strings'. They are called 'needles and yarn'." What a hoot!





2. Referring to #1, I made my first dish cloth and am on my second one now! I'm realizing what all the fuss is about. Groups of gals get together in this store and knit and solve all the world's problems. I think I'm going to join them soon. Maybe they can solve some of mine.






3. When my daughter was home from college on Spring Break, I think we thrifted every day except the last one. We did seven different thrift stores in seven days. I love to thrift and so does my daughter, but by the seventh one, we had both reached our limit of thrifting for the week! {but we both got some great deals}. I have never done that much concentrated thrifting in one week.

4.  I bought my own thinning shears. I am constantly fighting with my thick hair. I have dreamed for years of owning my own thinning shears. We have a Sally Beauty Supply in town and it was probably a couple of years ago that I priced them. At the time I thought $20.00 was too much. But, this month, I forked over the $20.00, and I have never been happier with my hair! Okay, so I chopped it a little close in one area, but no one will ever see it because I have so many hairs! Again, why did I wait so long?

5. I started Beginning Watercolor last week. It was the first time I'd ever stepped foot in our town's Art Center. Again, I wonder why it took me thirteen years to figure out that about two miles down the road I could take some art classes in my own hometown. I had so much fun in water color class. I can't wait for this week.





6. Always double check your spelling after using Swype on your electronic device. I Swyped a comment to one of the folks I follow on Instagram. Instead of saying "Nice shot" about the picture he took of downtown Des Moines, I accidentally said "nice __it". You get the picture. To make matters more embarrassing, I was on my phone and didn't know how to delete. And to make matters even worse, he is the worship leader at my church. I raced over to my computer to try and delete it before he saw it. I also apologized for my mistake. I guess he'd seen it because he commented back. "__it happens. No problem." {I am so thankful for grace, lol}

7. After twenty years as minivan drivers, we traded off our van for a Toyota Camry. It is "new" to us, and I love being able to drive a car again! *also, it has a sunroof and heated seats*! I'm feeling like I am in a little bit of car heaven. :)

How about you? What serious or absurd things did you learn this month?

Hope you are doing well! Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...