Saturday, March 15, 2014

When ordinary is extraordinary

A few weeks ago, during a snow storm (hopefully we are through with those this year!) I was inspired to write this poem. I was thinking about the fact that each ordinary day is really extraordinary, and I want to be mindful of that. I'm linking up today with The Weekend Brew.



Is any day ordinary? Really?
I layed down and slept
I awoke to a new day.

My body is breathing and working and beating
without me having to remind it.

This is a gift.

I am fearfully and wonderfully made
and the snowy landscape today reminds me of
the fact that I am not alone.

It is God who creates snowflakes, each one different.



February Iowa snowstorm



And, it is God who created me.
And you.
Each unique as the snowflakes, yet infinitely more valuable.
We each have different dreams
bursting at the seams.

We're each different, but the same.

We laugh.
We cry.
We love.
We dream.

Our hearts long for beauty
safety
security.

We're really more alike than different
you and I.

Tonight we'll both lie down to sleep.
We will dream
and awake to the gift of
another ordinary day.


Have a great weekend, friend!




4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful poem! Thank you for linking up with The Weekend Brew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbie! I hope you're having a great week!

      Delete
  2. I love it, to read this. And you photo ... cold. I hope spring is coming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jedidja, I hope spring is coming, too! Blessings to you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...