Sunday, July 27, 2014

What I don't know

I'm not sure what year on the calendar I crossed off, but it was one year in the recent past.

And, each year that I cross off, I'm realizing this fact more and more.

I don't know much.

I mean, I do know quite a bit, like how to cook meatloaf,
how to get stains off my favorite shirt,
how to knit a simple dishcloth.

But, I'm realizing there's so much more that I don't know.

I don't know what's caused your pain.
I haven't walked in your shoes.
I haven't been steeped in another culture enough to really feel what it's like to be sunk in to it.

I know I can't will myself out of an emotional pit.
And, sometimes I need help seeing the light at the top.





When I finish my race, the course that was mapped out before I saw light of day,
what will they say about who I was?


What kind of personal legacy will I have left behind?



Ultimately it doesn't matter what people say about us.
But, I care deeply about leaving a legacy.

A legacy of...

truth
love
loyalty.

I don't claim to know much, but I know the older I get, the more I don't know.

How about you?



Blessings to you, friend!

~Anne

linking up (a little late) over at Lisa Jo Baker's blog for Five Minute Friday. Writers who love to write link up every Friday to silence the inner critic and write for five minutes. Not worrying about edits or backtracking. This week's prompt is "finish".

2 comments:

  1. Yes! I know exactly what you mean! Everything I used to think I knew the answer to, the older I get I realize that nothing is black and white. I know nothing! Just doing my best. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jaime, for your comment. I am so glad it's not just me!! :) Blessings to you, too!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...