Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Random things about this summer {so far}

I usually link this post up with Chatting at the Sky for her Things I've Learned link up at the end of the month, but this time, I am too late for that! I decided to post some random summer stuff anyway, just for kicks. Here goes!


1. On a random night in July, I saw this pink cloud. Never in my life have I seen a cloud/clouds so pink. It took my breath away! I love discovering new colors in clouds!





2.  I bought two flower baskets at Walmart this year. They were half price, basically because they were half dead. I am really a slow poke when it comes to getting spring flowers and the past few years it's been late June or early July. Basically, I'm at the garden center at Walmart when they are practically taking stuff down for the season. The flowers look like they have been picked over one too many times and basically look neglected and pitiful.

However, with these two half dead, pitiful, half price baskets of flowers, I've surprised myself. They aren't perfect, and they could be more luscious, but I've been faithful at watering them (and picking off spent blooms) and they look pretty good, if I do say so myself. And, half price! You can't beat that! 

3. My song of the summer is Michael Jackson's new song (with Justin Timberlake), Love Never Felt So Good. I've been a fan of Michael's since Billy Jean and Can't Stop Till You Get Enough and Thriller were popular, so to have him come out with a fantastic new single (posthumously).....priceless!

4.  Our family (hubby me, our 21 and 24 year old "kids" who are temporarily here) usually watch a movie at night. Not every night, but almost. It usually takes us about twenty minutes to agree on a movie because some of us like sci fi, some like rom coms and some like drama. Last night was Kung Fu Panda. I guess we like animated, too. :)

5.  On July 28th, my hubby and I celebrated our 30th anniversary. Both of us agree that it doesn't seem like it's been that long at all. It seems more like 15 years. Is that weird? Anyway, we feel pretty blessed. 





6. On Saturday, we went on a day trip to the zoo. Just the two of us. Why were we thinking that a Saturday in the summer would not be packed!? It was packed! We waited 25 minutes in a sea of people just to get our tickets. 

Then, I got a case of claustrophobia. We were in the Aquarium building where it's dark and we were in the middle of a pack of people that WAS NOT MOVING. It was insane and I was thinking that some fire code was being broken.

I told my husband I was about to have a panic attack and I think he was too. We turned around and plowed against the flow of people and left through the entrance. I was disappointed not to see the shark tank, but who knows how long we would've been in there? The mob was NOT moving!!

7. For the first time ever in the history of this blog, (which is about two years) I did a four part series. I have participated for two years in The Nester's 31 Days of Blogging, but not any other series. 

I decided to write a month's worth of posts on the topic, How to Have a Settled Spirit. I'm not sure if it helped any of you, but I think it really helped me! I'm feeling a lot more settled lately! (thanking God!)

What random stuff have you learned this summer? I'd love to hear it!

Blessings to you! Thanks for stopping by to read some random stuff!

~Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...