Friday, January 23, 2015

What are words?

What are words, but to share what is in our hearts. There have been many many times in my past that my words got stuck in my throat. Then, there are many other times when I wish they would have gotten stuck in my throat because they came out all wrong.

Have you ever wished you could take back your words?

I have. It’s a very bad feeling when the wrong words come out. Especially if they’ve hurt someone. It’s a bad feeling to be misunderstood. Wishing that the right words would have been spoken rather than the ones that just slipped out without you knowing how it happened.

Starting a blog was an intentional way for me to choose the words I would say and then say them. Maybe subconsciously, it’s been a way for me to rewrite some of those words that I spoke early on in my life that I wish were left unspoken.

Writing is a way to say the good. 

To encourage. 




To give hope and love to a world where it can seem pretty sparse sometimes.

I can choose what I put on here. And, that feels pretty good. It feels good to choose the good to share.

Today, I want to share with you just three simple truths. These truths are life changing if you will let them sink deep down in your soul. 

Ready?


You are loved.

You are worthy.

You are enough.



Think on those good words today, friend, and find hope and encouragement in a world where it seems pretty sparse sometimes.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, friend! I'm so very happy you did!



Linking up today with others at Kate's place for Five Minute Friday for five minutes of free writing without all the fuss over editing and punctuation. Won't you stop by and join in? Today's prompt is "share".

2 comments:

  1. I think we all have those moments, where we wish the words we spoke could be taken back... and of course, it can't happen. Reflection (by a blog) or otherwise, both out of regret and a better sense of self-awareness, is never a bad thing. We are imperfect, but we are always growing, and that's what's important.

    I adore your blog background - I love vintage papers, and it just feels like a cozy little library here! Happy Friday to you!

    - Melissa
    http://www.measi.net/measiblog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that I needed to read this today. Thank you so much. Leigha, dropping by from FMF

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...