Friday, April 26, 2013

A ditty on turning fifty

 "Oprah is sixty!", I said, feeling all smug-like. (I know now, I'm one year ahead of myself here.)

To that, my daughter in law scrunched up her face and said, "No way!" 

"Yeah!", I said. "You'd never know that would you! See, people will think that about me, too. They'll say, "No way! she can't be fifty!" And, we laughed.

"Age really is just a number.", I added, not feeling fifty. 

Looking at me with a grin, my twenty five year old son told me, "I think you need to embrace it." 



That really stuck with me, like a gift. Although I'm not sure he knew he was giving a gift. Embrace and accept the age that I'm given. The stage I am in life. This is the surest way to a life of gratitude and joy.

Age really is just a number. I'm gonna leave it at that.

--Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...