Sunday, February 1, 2015

Six things I learned in January

I'm linking up with Emily at Chatting at the Sky for her monthly "What I learned" link up! Each month we share some of the things we learned during the month. They might be serious, or they might be silly. Thanks for stopping by!



1.  You know those Wet Floor signs that you see when someone is mopping at a restaurant? Or at the mall where melting snow has turned into a puddle of slippery mess? Yes, like this one.




Well, on the 6th of the month, when 2015 was still fresh and new out of the gate, I went to the mall to exchange a pair of pajamas. And, apparently, I was NOT PAYING ENOUGH ATTENTION!! OR BEING CAUTIOUS! Because, the sign was right in front of me!

I had just paid for the new pj's and I turned to leave the cashier's desk, and SPLAT!, I fell hard on the concrete floor on my right ribcage. 

I'm so thankful that I hadn't taken off my down Bubble coat and that my arm instinctively flew right across my chest to protect myself.  

It still hurt really bad, but nothing was broken. After two angels stopped to help me up (both of them paramedics!), my daughter drove me home with an ice pack on my ribs.

I was in too much pain to be embarrassed, really. And, I started being grateful right away that I didn't break anything!  

Not a great way to start the month or the new year. I don't recommend it. Now, I started walking like a penguin on slick spots and snow. You just can never be too careful!  (be careful out there, people!)


2. I shared five days of my art on Facebook this month. Watercolors and knitting and photography. It takes vulnerability to share our art. I was proud that I could do it. There was a day I wouldn't have.

3.  As of January, (we downsized to a smaller home and garage in December), we finally started parking one of our cars in our "new" one car garage. I was relieved to find that even though it is somewhat of a snug fit, that our car does indeed fit in the garage!! Yay!

4.  I am a Downton Abbey Junkie. Yes, I admit it. The last couple of weeks I was in for a shock and a little disappointment in Mary's choice to go away for a week with Tony Gillingham. But, I was even more amused by her grandmother's, The Dowager's, reaction and advice. She told Mary, "Take charge of your feelings before they take charge of you." 




You, go Granny!

5. The other day, for the first time ever, I bought Global stamps to send a letter to Canada. I learned that with a $1.15 Global stamp, you can send a 1oz. or lighter letter or card ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. Is that cool, or what? Time to get a bunch of snail mail pen pals from all over the world, huh?

6. Whilst waiting in line at said Post Office, I had time to study the $20.00 bill in my hand. I learned that it is Andrew Jackson's picture on the bill. And, on the back is the White House. (aren't you glad you know that now?)

I was also glad to be reminded that the USA still prints "IN GOD WE TRUST" on our money. Yes, I am glad.


Thanks for stopping by friend!
I'm so glad you did!

Blessings to you,

~Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...