Friday, February 27, 2015

Which rooms will you linger in?

Imagine with me for a few minutes that your soul is a mansion. In this mansion are many rooms. Some rooms are full of soul care and some rooms are rooms of neglect. 

Which rooms will you visit?
Will you visit the rooms titled 

worthy, 
loved, 
held close, 
attended to?

Or, will you venture into the basement and linger in the rooms labeled

the past
regrets
bitterness
unforgiven
anger

I imagine that in this mansion called "soul", I am free to roam about. There are many floors with many rooms. It is totally up to me which rooms I visit, where I linger, and how long I roam the hallways even trying to decide which rooms I will camp out in. 

I want to pull up a comfy chair in the room called Worthy. Because that is who I am. Worthy of love. Worthy of respect. Worthy of good friends. Worthy to be good to myself.

I want to throw back the curtains and raise the blinds in the room called Loved. 

Because that is who I am. I am loved by my God. I am loved by my family and friends. I am loved. 





In the room called "attended to", I would pull up a comfy chair again and just think and dream. And realize that to be attended to by a loving God means I am of utmost concern to him.

How about you? Which rooms will you linger in? Which rooms beckon you?

Blessings to you today friend.
Thanks for stopping by, and I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments!

~Anne

I'm linking up today with other writers for five minutes of free writing for Five Minute Friday at Kate's Place. Won't you stop by and join in the fun? Today's prompt is "visit".

4 comments:

  1. Hi Anne-we're neighbors on FMF. I love how you say our soul is a mansion with many rooms. It reminds me of how Jesus tells us he is preparing a room for us in his Father's house. I've been camped out in grief--losing my grandma and drifting from a friend, But God is relentless in showing me the sun behind the blinds, even on the toughest days.

    Thanks for sharing this :) Also, I'm sorry if you get this twice. It doesn't show me it posted the first time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi There. No, it didn't post twice, but thanks so much for stopping by to comment. I am so sorry for the grief of your grandma passing and drifting from a friend. Those are definitely times of pain not to be taken lightly. Grief is a season, friend, and I pray that God continues to make Himself very evident during these days. I love how you put that He is relentless to show you the sun behind the blinds. That is so beautiful and poetic! Hugs to you, friend.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I've had some hard times when God's drawn me to some neglected rooms, scary and closed off, because he wanted to show me his love in those parts of my heart. You inspire me to spend some time in other places too... the places of joy and delight... and to do that with Him. Visiting from #fmfparty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thanks for sharing Ruth! God has drawn me to those neglected rooms too. I like your thoughts about that, and thanks for the reminder. Blessings!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...