Monday, November 26, 2012

The fruit of lips as offering

Lord, sometimes I don't feel like thanking you. My flesh is so weak.



My God says to me,


Peace, peace to him who is far off [both Jew and Gentile] and to him who is near! I create the fruit of his lips, and I will heal him [make his lips blossom anew with speech in thankful praise]. Isaiah 57:19

God says He is the one who creates the fruit of my lips in the first place. He is the one who created me and He is the one who deposits in me the ability to praise. I don't have to rely on my own human strength to praise Him. He sewed this strength to praise Him into the fabric of my being by His Spirit. I need the freshness of the Spirit. I need His healing. His help to praise.


My words of thanks are pretty important to God. When I come to Him, He wants me to come with my words. 

Take words with you and return to the Lord. Say to Him, "Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously, that we may present the fruit of our lips." 
Hosea 14:2

Bring words, which are the fruit of my lips.


and again...


Through Him, therefore, let us constantly and at all times offer up to God a sacrifice of praise, which is the fruit of lips that thankfully acknowledge and confess and glorify His name. Hebrews 13:15

Again. The fruit of lips. Thankfully acknowledging and confessing and glorifying His name is the fruit of my lips. My offering to God.

When I don't feel like thanking Him? Something tells me my Heavenly Father is all the more pleased in my giving.

When it is hardest for you to give God a sacrifice of thanksgiving?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...