Saturday, October 10, 2015

{Day 10}: Keeping a curious soul



My husband is one of the most curious people I know, and my young adult children are a close second. My husband has loved libraries since he was a young boy when his mom would take he and his siblings to the book mobile down the street. He would check out a few books, sit down on the grass and read them and then check out different ones before they would go home.

He still loves to read and goes to the library to read the paper and check out books at least once a week, if not more. He reads books about business, innovation, Science Fiction, WWII, presidential biographies and more.

I read books too, but he puts me to shame! (not on purpose, it's just a fact!)



hubby's library run


To be completely fair, though, some books he just reads the first few pages and if it doesn't capture his attention fully, he'll grab another one from his stack. 

His latest library trek was yesterday, and he came home with two Sci Fi, one business book and a book on story telling. 

On my last library visit, I checked out two books I could look through fairly quickly in an evening because I'm doing quite a bit of writing this month :) and I started another online painting course.



my library run


But, I want to keep a curious soul. I want to always be a learner and have an open mind and heart to what is new. This is a process for me. A life long journey.

Curiosity keeps me learning about creativity, my own life, and the lives of others.

How about you? How do you cultivate a curious soul?

Thanks for joining me today on this 10th Day of Soul Spa posts! I hope you are enjoying these and finding things that tend your soul. Check out the first post in the series for a list of all the posts for this month.

Blessings to you!

~Anne





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...