Friday, October 2, 2015

{Day 2}: What is a soul anyway?

For starters, let's define what the word 'soul' means.

soul.

noun.

1. The spiritual or immaterial part of a human being , regarded as immortal.

2.  a person's moral or emotional nature or sense of identity


SYNONYMS: spirit, psyche, (inner) self, inner being, life force, individuality, subconscious


a. an example of your soul is the part of you that makes you who you are and that will live on after your death

b. an example of soul is any person

(definitions from the Oxford Advanced Learners Dictionary and Your Dictionary)






I believe every person (every soul) is created in the image of God, our Creator. Each person deserves the care and dignity related to that fact.  

If that's true, then how we treat our souls (ourselves) is of utmost importance and value. What we think of ourselves, and how we look at 'the essence of us' is paramount. 


Have you ever taken the time to think just what your soul is? 

How it needs to be treated?

What it needs to thrive and grow?


I've learned through trial and error some of the things that my soul needs. One of them is solitude. Tomorrow, I'll share a story of how being alone when I was very young (don't worry, I was safely within distance of my mom!) turned out to be a true gift (soul spa) that I'd not ever forget!

Thanks for joining me on this Soul Spa journey!

Blessings,

~Anne


This post is Day 2 in 31 Days of Soul Spas

See Day 1 for a list of all #write31days posts!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...