Sunday, October 4, 2015

{Day 4}: write your story down

I said to my hubby the other day, "I'm excited to do this soul spa series on my blog, but it's all been said before."  He kindly told me, "but, it hasn't been said from your perspective." #warmedmyheart

And so, I write things that have been said over and over again this world over, but I write from my perspective and experiences.

I write down my story. I write down what I know to be true. For me.

Yesterday I wrote about finding my cat, Priscilla, and her babies while I was all alone one day when I was just a small child. That memory has kept bubbling up for awhile now. Almost as if it was calling out to be written down.  

By writing it down, it helps me to recall the emotions I had that day. It helps me to reminisce and remember the joys of my childhood. It helps me to document my yesterdays.

What if we took time to remember our story (stories) by writing them down?
Writing my stories has helped my soul heal. It's helped me gain perspective and strength from my past and my present. 





I'd like to pass that affirmation on to you. 



No matter what you write or create, it may have been said or done before. No matter! 
You are saying or doing it in a way only you could, from your perspective. From your experiences.  


Write your story down. It doesn't have to be a whole memoir's worth. (Although it could be.) 

If a memory from your past keeps bubbling up into your present mind, maybe there's a reason. Maybe by writing down that memory you'll learn something fresh and new from it. 

Whether it's a positive or a negative memory, write it down. Your soul will thank you.

Have you experienced writing your story (stories) down? I'd love to hear from you in the comments!

Thanks for stopping by today, friend!

~Anne


Today is Day 4 in a 31 day series called 31 Days of Soul Spas.  Hop on over to Day 1 to see a list of all Soul Spa posts!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...