Friday, October 18, 2013

Chubby cheeks and baby dreams

I'm once again linking up with Five Minute Friday. The prompt today is "laundry". Come on over to Lisa Jo Baker's blog and join in!





Chubby cheek against mine.

Chubby hand in my hand.

He's perched in my arms on the washer. 

Lid open.

Swish, swish, swish go the clothes.

Warm dryer running next to us.

Baby eyes are transfixed on the clothes going round and round in the suds.

The hum of the washer is luring us both into a sacred bond. 

Together.

Mother and son.


*******************************


Why is laundry so comforting at times? I still find comfort in the hum and swish of the wash. But, agitation at the buzz of the dryer.

Don't remind me that my work is never done.


********************************


Keep me right there, 

cheek to cheek at the washer with this memory.

Baby eyes and mine.

Baby hands in my hand.

Heart to heart we stare into the suds and dream mommy and baby dreams.




Five Minute Friday


5 comments:

  1. I love that you have a little helper that keeps you company while you are doing laundry. My four year old loves pushing the start button on the Washer. I understand the annoyance of the dryer buzzer. Often times if I don't answer the buzzing right away I forget the clothes in the dryer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have to start the dryer three or four times before I fold a load!! Ugh! Thanks for stopping by, Jo!

      Delete
  2. Lovely Anne...takes a person back to the wonderful, close times...Gloria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Gloria. This is a sweet memory I have with all of my kids when they were little. :)

      Delete
  3. What a sweet memory of a sweet moment in time. Written so beautifully. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...