Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Dare to Be: Brave Part 2 {Day 23}

News flash. 

Today, I did not want to go to the gym. 

My flesh is so weak! I wanted to just cozy up under an afghan and drink tea this afternoon!!

On Day 12 I told you about our trial at the gym, with our oldest son as our trainer. It's been going pretty well, in that my husband and I are still going. Our two week trial is up tomorrow. 

So, the proof will be in the pudding. Tomorrow.


And, I felt really frumpy today at the gym. It is really hard for me to stand in front of a mirror. Much less to stand in front of a mirror lifting weights at the gym. 

I am in loose fitting pants and a sweatshirt, because, it hides more. Nothing I'm wearing really matches. I am not put together. I look around and I feel, just frumpy.

even though I put my belt on yesterday morning and it just hung there....good sign something is happening!

So uncomfortable and honestly, I'm not sure I would go right now if my husband had not agreed to do this with me. 


But, I did the weight lifting anyway. 


I'm not sure about you, but being brave to me doesn't just look like going to a gym when I am out of shape, and lifting weights in the weight room with Arnold's 
and very fit women all around me.


Being brave looks like going back. And back. And then back again.

It will take bravery to keep going and facing that mirror and really facing my own negative body image. Something I really need work on.

As we were walking out of the gym today, my husband says, I don't know about all this. Is it really doing any good?

I say to him.

You are investing in your future self.

Yes, I really do believe that.

I'm going to keep choosing to be brave.

~Anne

Click on my button to see a list of all 31 Days posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...