Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dare to Be: looking for smiles and laughter {Day 8}

This post is part of a 31 Day series on the topic Dare to Be and linking up with about 1500 other bloggers on hundreds of topics. Come on over to The Nester to check that out!


On my list of things to give myself permission to do, smiles and laughter were both listed.

Like I mentioned in my post about red sneakers, I can tend to be pretty serious. I am introspective (sometimes to a fault). 

Sometimes I need to be intentional about looking for the humor in life.

Here is a photo that makes me smile. I talk about my Great Aunt Esther in this post. She was the one who taught my Dad English when he came over from Sweden at age sixteen. Dad lived with Aunt Esther and Uncle Carl. 




When I found this photo in my stash, I couldn't help but smile.

I know that is Aunt Esther in the middle. 

But, I'm not sure who the others are....maybe her sisters, brother, parents and some friends? 

It looks like they are sitting in the garden just chowing down on watermelons, or melons of some sort!


It looks like an early 1900's melon party!



This makes me smile.

I hope it makes you smile too.

Blessings to you, Friends. May you find things that make you smile and laugh today, the rest of this week, and for that matter the rest of your life.

~Anne

Click on my button for a list of all 31 Days posts! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...