Friday, October 4, 2013

Dare to Be: a writer {Day 4}

This post is part of a 31 Day series on the topic Dare to Be and linking up with about 1500 other bloggers on hundreds of topics. Come on over to The Nester to check that out!

I'm also linking up today with other encouraging writers at Lisa Jo Baker's blog for Five Minute Friday. The prompt is the word "write" and the idea is to write for five minutes straight. No editing. Go check out what others have written on this same topic and join in if you like!



Even though it feels funny and kind of like a shoe that doesn’t fit, I’m going to say it anyway. I am going to say. I’m a writer.

I remember writing out pages and pages in high school. It wasn’t just an ordinary journal. It was basically processing the fact that I really liked a guy who didn’t like me back. It was a crush diary I guess.

And, for as long as I can remember now, maybe since that time in high school I have written down thoughts almost daily. Mostly prayers.

I found that writing my prayers keeps me from falling asleep on God and then I can see his answers.

I can actually say that writing has and is saving my life.

I’ve written letters to my young self which has brought so much inner healing.

 I’ve written good bye letters to people who have gone to heaven and people that have moved out of my life but have left pain residue behind. 

This is the writing that has made the most impact on me...

what one author calls depth journaling.

 Writing down the hurts and any negative emotions actually serves to clear our subconscious minds of negative emotions which can lead to physical pain.


So, if you ask me, are you a writer? I might hesitate. I haven’t always considered that my journaling is real writing. But, I’ve got leanings. 

And my leanings say that I am a writer.


How about you? Can you dare to say out loud whatever you love to do? I am a(an) ___________.


Five Minute Friday


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself. It's fun to meet another Anne B. And as I read this post and skimmed your other blog posts, I think we have a lot more than our names in common. // As far as writing goes, I'm not quite brave enough to call myself a writer. Though I write. Same thing with art. I have a hard time calling myself an artist though I make art. // I'm reading Daring Greatly. Such a good book, message. One I need. I'm getting a lot out of it. // Anne without the e is just Ann. That's not right. ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping, Anne! Another similarity. I have another blog, livethesilver lining.blogspot.com that I just started for my life story. The design and font is similar to your blog. Interesting! Blessings to you!

      Delete
  2. Okay...I am thrilled I found your blog, although I know I've seen that smiling face of yours before. Twitter party perhaps? First of all...the blog itself is beautiful. So beautiful. The picture on this post is leaving me speechless. (Does that mean I'm a writer?) And...I love your 31 day topic. I will be back. I'm blog lovin' you for sure. :) The idea of writing "good bye letters...to people that have moved out of my life but have left pain residue behind" is something I never considered. I think I might need to do that. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Lisa! I'm so glad you stopped by! One thing I didn't say is the goodbye letters are not given to the person who hurt me. They are just for my emotional healing. It really works! Blessings and I hope you do come back!

      Delete
  3. Hi Anne! I still struggle with saying, "I am a writer" or "I am an artist". I know that God has equipped me. I just always compare myself to people I feel are more talented than me. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbie, I so know what you mean. It's really a miracle that I'm even brave enough to blog. Just 1.5 years ago I was too afraid. God is holding my hand and teaching me to use the voice He gave me but was stifled as a young girl.

      Delete
  4. You ARE a writer...a good one. I have been enjoying your 31 days because I too struggle with being! Being myself. Not doing what other's expect. Your writing gives me permission to be me. Thank you for taking the time and heart to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Janet thank you for sharing! That is so what I want my words to do... encourage someone who's had similar struggles. Blessings to you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...