Saturday, October 19, 2013

Dare to Be: An artist and to make art {Day 19}

Do you consider yourself an artist?

I never once considered myself an artist.


The Master Artist at work
Until recently, when I saw this quote and the book it comes out of.


"You were born to make art. You were made to live art. You might not see yourself as an artist, but you are--in so many unexpected ways. In what you create, whether poetry or pie, sculpture or sand castle, calligraphy or conversation. It's time to uncover the shape of your soul, turn down the voice of the inner critic, and move into the world with the courage to be who you most deeply are."

Emily Freeman, Author of A Million Little Ways


I need these words. Just these words from the back cover of her book breathe fresh wind into my sails.

I was born to make art. I was made to live art. I was born to be an artist at whatever I do in life.

I'm not sure if I'm feeling permission or validation, but her words make me feel something new about me, and what I create.


"The world needs you awake and alive...the world does need you to come alive right where you are and not where you wish you were. If writing books or songs or painting living rooms is what makes you come alive, then that's what you'll need to do."~ Emily Freeman

I think I'll go paint my living room.

~Anne


Click on my button for a list of all 31 Days posts! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...