Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dare to know you are loved : {Day 3}

He's chatting with us in our kitchen. His wrinkled up, crinkled up shirt is unbuttoned except for one, which reveals his off white t-shirt beneath. The one button that is buttoned is mis-aligned. 

You know, that thing that happens once in awhile where you button up your shirt, but you get them misaligned by one so the hem and the collar of your shirt are amiss.



I didn't have the slightest urge to tell him, 

hey, you know the one button that is buttoned on your shirt, is wrong? Its crooked? It's misaligned? Don't you know that?

No, I didn't want to say that. Instead, I felt compassion come over me. It was endearing how he stood there and chatted with us, oblivious to his fashion hiccup.


The next morning in the early morning hours reading and contemplating what God might be saying to me for the day, the crumpled up, misaligned shirt came into my mind's view again.


I thought to myself, 

how like that crumpled up, crookedly buttoned shirt I am. Crumpled around the edges and even in between. If I don't have a button missing, I might be mis-buttoned or misaligned.  How many times, have I so severely needed His alignment in my life. His Presence to give me balance so I am not crumpled and off-kilter.

God is in the business of aligning me. Bringing me balance to body, soul, spirit.

To heart, mind and will. 

Because, I am dearly loved.

I am a daughter of God. 

And, He feels this way about you, too.

Friends, do you know that you are truly, unconditionally, and dearly loved by the God of the universe? 


Click on my button for a list of all 31 Days posts.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder of how deeply loved I am. I so often forget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by Barbie. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I am loved... but find some days it is hard to believe. There is a difference between knowing and believing. So thankful He never gives up on us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I've known it for years but I think I still haven't grasped the extent of it for me! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...