Monday, October 21, 2013

Dare to give yourself permission {Day 21}

This post is part of a 31 Day series on the topic Dare to Be and linking up with about 1500 other bloggers on hundreds of topics. Come on over to The Nester to check that out!


I just started an online Oprah/Brene Brown Life class today. It's based on Brene's book: The Gifts of Imperfection, which I just started reading last night. Turns out she wrote this book back in 2010. 

How did I not know this?

In this book she talks about love, belonging and authenticity. She talks about courage, compassion and connection. And, that's just scratching the surface.

Remember on the first day of my series I said that I sat down and made myself a permission slip and I ended up with sixty five things on it that I need and want to give myself permission for? 

Well, it turns out that the first creative assignment for this online class is to make a permission slip page in our art journal.

I did that today. 

I thought I'd share it with you.


My Permission Slip

The point is not to be perfect. (see my mistake?)
To be messy.
To have fun.
To be authentic.
To not compare.

See all those permissions I've written down? All the things I need to give myself permission for? I've written in this 31 Days series about some of them

I cried through the first half of the how-to video this morning. Mostly because she is speaking my language! She is putting to words what my heart has been after for the past thirteen years and more specifically the last three to six years. 

I want to live more Wholeheartedly

To let go of what people think and instead to live more authentically. To live more like Anne and less like the shoulds and the oughts that roll around in my head and take up too much room in my heart. 

It is hard to break out of the comparison trap. It's hard to break free from perfectionism.

But, I'm up for the task.

Brene Brown and Oprah, bring it on!!

I challenge you today, to make a permission slip for yourself. Give yourself permission for those things you've been unknowingly withholding from yourself. I'd love to hear your thoughts.



Click on my button for a list of all 31 Days posts! Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing so authentically! I love your permission slip!!! I am going to make one today! You are aware of soo much about yourself...first step towards change!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janet! For some reason I just found your comment! Thanks so much! How did your permission slip go? I'd love to see it! Blessings to you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...