Tuesday, October 30, 2012

eyes wide open: a diamond in the snow {day 30}

Several years ago I lost something very valuable to me.

We had gone to a flooring store that night. It was wintertime and in the winter my hands get so dry.  I took off my gloves and my wedding ring and set them in my lap to put on hand lotion. I got out of the car when we got there. Got back in the car when we were done looking. And, we drove home. I got the kids ready for bed. I was lying in bed about to fall asleep and I realized I wasn't wearing my wedding ring. gasp!



Then, I remembered that I had put lotion on my hands in the car. I turned to my husband who was about to drift off, and told him I don't have my wedding ring!  My gracious husband got out of bed on a cold night and drove back to the carpet store to see if he could possibly find it. And, I stayed home in bed and prayed. I knew God cared about my ring.

About twenty minutes passed and I heard the garage door go up. I was hoping he had good news. He came back to our bedroom and said that when he turned into the parking lot, now empty of everything except snow, he noticed the light from our headlights glinting off of something in the snow. That's right. My ring!  

It had been snowing the whole time since we had shopped there. A snow plow could have come and pushed my ring into a huge pile of snow. A car could have run over it. Someone could have stolen it. But no, it was right where I had dropped it. And, it was in perfect condition. Do you think God protected my ring?  

Have you lost something valuable? Do you feel lost?

God cares about even the little things. God specializes in finding lost things.

Luke 19:10 "For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost."

see day 1 for a list of all 31 posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...