Tuesday, October 16, 2012

eyes wide open: to see beauty {day 16}


sunset from my deck

I'm obsessed with sunsets. For twelve years we've lived in a house I complained about when we bought it because it has a corner fireplace. What I didn't realize when we bought it was that it would have a spectacular view of the western sky.

Every night that it's not cloudy or raining, the colors splash themselves across the sky. A new pattern every night.  Blue, purple, yellow, pink, orange, and many other shades I cannot name swirl together in awesome beauty. 

It's like God gets out his easel and says, Tonight I'm going heavy on the purple and pink, with subtle shades of yellow. I'm doing it for my kids. Because I love them. In fact, I'm going to paint this one just for Anne to enjoy tonight.

Yes, I do believe God speaks loud and clear through His creation. Including sunsets. And, why not? He makes it for you. And me. He delights in delighting us.


Another beautiful one.

Tonight, find a place to see the sunset. Relish in God's beautiful handiwork that He paints just for you. And, give thanks.

see day 1 for a list of all 31 posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...