Thursday, October 18, 2012

eyes wide open: when God puts you in school {day 18}

I ran across this list of ideas that I had written down in my journal as possibilities for the 31 days of blogging. You already know which one I picked. 


31 days of learning to wait well
31 days of learning to wait with a good attitude
31 days to healthier relationships
31 days to a happy heart. (Proverbs 17:22)
31 days of soul healing
31 days to heal your soul
31 days to soul peace
31 days to find your true voice
31 days to emotional freedom
31 days of learning to notice
31 days to soul freedom
eyes wide open: seeing with new eyes


Well, I guess the ideas were flowing that day! (yep, they are kind of repetitive--this was a chicken scratched, self-brainstorming session one day riding in the car) 

Each of those potential 31 day topics represent a specially designed God School tailored just for me. A school that God has put me in at one time or another over the past few years. To teach me how to wait. How to have soul peace and how to find my true voice. But, it hasn't been a cake walk! My grades haven't always been the best, but God always grades on the curve.  I've often thought God, when do I graduate? I'm ready to graduate already!! Could you let up a little?

Even as I've said those things to God, He has been faithfully teaching me through the experiences of life--the good and the not so good--the fears and disappointments. Thanks to His work in my life, I now have more emotional freedom than I did even six months ago. I am finding my true voice. It has taken way too long! And I'm finding peace and healing. Sometimes it feels like glacial speed, this growing.

I came across a verse just this afternoon that sums up how I feel about God's school, and the results of His school in my life. I give Him thanks for all He has done and is doing.




I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings.

Psalm 40:1-2

God does hear my cries. He has drawn me up out of a pit and set my feet upon a rock. Without Him, my steps would not be steady and my goings would not be established. 

I wonder what school He'll have me in next. I'm leaning in to Him to find out. 

see day 1 for a list of all 31 posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...