Monday, October 15, 2012

eyes wide open: open hands or closed fists {day 15}

Today, I don't want to wait anymore. I'm waiting on so many things. I'm always waiting.

 I"m tired of waiting. But, I have no choice except to wait.

I have no choice except waiting, but I do get to choose the attitude that I wait with.
Do I wait in faith that God is working behind the scenes? Do I wait in faith that He causes all things to work together for my good? That all things are possible with Him?

Or, do I wait in despair and frustration? Taking my waiting into my own hands where it feels like I have more control? But, feelings don't necessarily speak truth. They just are.

 It's basically my choice. I can either wait with open hands to what God has for me next, or I can wait with closed fists. Closed fists is a stance that says I'm taking the world on! Don't get in my way. Clenched fists say, I'll do it my way! 

Closed-fist-waiting leaves no room for God to work in my waiting.


Open-hands waiting means I am eager to hear God. To see Him work in my less than ideal circumstances. Open-hands waiting means humility. You are God and I am not.

Open-hands waiting is a deliberate choice to go past the demands of my flesh to the deeper spirit part of me.

The Spirit of God resides there in my spirit. If I can wait well, with open-hands, that means I am open to God's voice. Open to what He wants to teach me in this waiting. Open to His grace.

I don't want to wait anymore. I can't wait with a good attitude. 

I need you, Spirit of God, to teach me to wait well.


"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28



1 comment:

  1. I find that you made cool resolution the moment when you choose this subject of the article here. Do you usually compose your articles by yourself or you work with a partner or even a helper?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...