Tuesday, October 9, 2012

eyes wide open: everyday grace {day 9}

I shouldn't be floored when this happens. But I am.

I go to my scheduled appointment with my Ear, Nose and Throat doctor and he is kind. He smiles. He gives me the thumbs up that my sinus infection is no more. But, mostly he is kind.

I go to my scheduled chiropractic appointment. You know, for the low back that I strained doing yoga. And, my chiropractor is kind. He says to me "ahh, you brought the rain with you today, huh?" But, he's really joking, he says, because we need the rain. 

I go to an unplanned physical therapy appointment. You know, for the low back. She's right next to the ENT, so I stop in just in case there is an opening in her busy schedule. There is. She is kind. She checks my mobility. Gives me some muscle treatments. Gives me some exercises. She tells me her name is Jaime. She is kind




I do not take these kindnesses for granted. They aren't a given. I have had days where the folks I speak with in my daily affairs are not kind. That tends to stick with me in the wrong way. I have a hard time not letting the not nice people get under my skin. 

But, today, I relish in the kindnesses of the people that God has put in my life to help me. I think about that once in awhile. Everything I need, He provides. I need an ENT? I've got one. I need a chiropractor? I have a very kind one. I need a physical therapist? She happens to have a cancellation and I get right in.

These are not coincidences. These are graces from a very good God that promises to provide everything I will ever need. Thank you, God.



"And my God will liberally supply (fill to the full) your every need according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...